Gary Michaels is a valley fixture for morning radio…now the longest running morning show in the central valley. For more than 18 years, Gary has been waking up central valley families with great light rock, fun contests and interesting guests and interviews.
Gary Michaels has been a broadcast veteran for more than 30 years getting up at 3:30am each weekday in markets like Phoenix, Des Moines, New Orleans, Dayton, Minneapolis and now his home in Modesto. Gary is married to his lovely wife Teri. They have two children. Active in his church and community organizations over the years…he is very civic minded and wants a quality of life for his community.
Such longevity is rare in this business, but the audience and Gary’s show connect to bring a fun, upbeat and family-friendly listening experience to the listeners every weekday from 5:30-10am.
MOST BIZARRE JOB INTERVIEW QUESTIONS
When you interview for a new job, you expect to be asked how you succeeded in your old job and the challenges you faced. But would you ever expect to be asked how to make a tuna fish sandwich or figure out the number of cows in Canada? If you interviewed at Astron Consulting or Google respectively, you might have been asked those bizarre questions. Glassdoor.compored through tens of thousands of interview questions job candidates have shared over the past year and then assembled a list of the most bizarre queries asked by U.S. companies.
1. "If you were to get rid of one state in the U.S., which would it be and why?" --Asked at Forrester Research
2. "A penguin walks through that door right now wearing a sombrero. What does he say and why is he here?" --Asked at Clark Construction Group
3. "What song best describes your work ethic?" --Asked at Dell
4. "Jeff Bezos walks into your office and says you can have a million dollars to launch your best entrepreneurial idea. What is it?" --Asked at Amazon
5. "What do you think about when you are alone in your car?" --Asked at Gallup
6. "Can you say: 'Peter Pepper Picked a Pickled Pepper' and cross-sell a washing machine at the same time?" --Asked at MasterCard
7. "If we came to your house for dinner, what would you prepare for us?" --Asked at Trader Joe's
8. "My wife and I are going on vacation, where would you recommend?" --Asked at PricewaterhouseCoopers
9. "You are a head chef at a restaurant, and your team has been selected to be on 'Iron Chef.' How do you prepare your team for the competition, and how do you leverage the competition for your restaurant?" --Asked at Accenture
10. "What's your favorite song? Perform it for us now." --Asked at LivingSocial
11. "Have you ever stolen a pen from work?" --Asked at Jiffy Software
12. "Pick two celebrities to be your parents." --Asked at Urban Outfitters